575 Wandsworth Road ~ the beginning, transformation & conservation
8-12th August 2011
- Are you a writer looking for an opportunity to take your work to the next level?
- Is writing a hobby that you’d love to turn into a profession?
- Would you like to work with a group of writers who are also at the same crossroads in their writing development?
- Would you benefit from working with professional writers and world-class storytellers?
- Do you need to hear honest feedback on your writing?
- Would you like to be part of a unique project at this magical new National Trust acquisition?
If you find yourself answering YES to any of the above questions then this might just be the project that helps you realize those dreams!
The National Trust would like to offer a selected group of young writers (under 24 years of age) the opportunity to work with professional writers and storytellers, in order to develop their craft and increase their knowledge base of ways to make a living as a writer.
‘In the beginning, transformation and conservation’ is a summer writers project with a difference. The writing element of the project lasts for five days, but the work produced during those intense five days will have the opportunity to last for eternity. The stories produced that best fit the brief will be used to engage family groups visiting 575 Wandsworth Road.
- Programme curator: Adisa http://www.adisaworld.com/
- 10.30am – 4pm Monday 8th –Thursday 11th
- Friday 12th 10.30am – 7pm (including evening celebration)
- Location: National Trust London Office, 32 Queen Annes Gate, London, SW1H 9AB
- There is no charge.
- Participation by application by 27th July to: email@example.com
- Please include contact details followed by a brief description (max 250 words) describing what this opportunity would mean for you.
This project has been made produced as part of Stories of the World, one of the major projects at the heart of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad. The Cultural Olympiad began in 2008, and used the power of the Olympic and Paralympic Games to inspire creativity across all forms of culture, especially amongst young people.